we3 Woman of the Year Nomination
The WE3 Woman of the Year award is to recognize an individual woman who has distinguished herself, her profession, and her commitment to uplifting women in the Conyers-Rockdale community. The recipient of the Woman of the Year award epitomizes the objectives for which the WE3 Women’s Conference was created:
To provide an engaging, educating and empowering environment for women enabling them to live a balanced, enriched and fulfilled life. To ensure women reach their dreams and go forth to make a difference in the lives of others.
The recipient represents the best of who we are as women and as leaders. The Woman of the Year will be recognized for her accomplishments at the WE3 Conference to be held on Friday, October 19, 2018.
- Engaging. The nominee is a passionate leader who cares deeply about others and her community. She is a change agent for her areas of passion, with a history of engaging others to further increase the positive impact she makes on the community.
- Educating. The nominee has a proven history of educating others about her cause(s). The nominee exemplifies the true characteristics of a leader with passion for communicating and promoting her company/organization/cause with others. She unselfishly shares her time and resources to ensure success.
- Empowering. The nominee has a proven history of empowering women about her cause(s). She is a visionary who is an inspiration to others both within her community and workplace.
Nomination Instructions: To nominate someone in the community, please submit a 1 – 2-page document with the following:
- Describe why this woman deserves to be recognized as the Woman of the Year according to the Nominee Qualifications listed above.
- Describe or list the nominee’s achievements and accomplishments.
- Describe or list the candidate’s effectiveness in serving her community and/or her civil work.
- Describe how the nominee has contributed to impacting women as a whole.
- Please provide specific examples or stories that summarize these contributions.
Please submit all nominations by September 15, 2018 to Cheryl Young (email@example.com).
“Using the Chamber as part of your marketing strategy will provide you a great deal of value and return for your investment many times over.”
-Ken Holmes, Selective Solutions
“As one of the oldest businesses in Conyers, we have been part of the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber most of those 37 years and have always found value in the many programs offered by the Chamber.”
-Owners, Danny & Cindy Lockhart, Your Town Magazine and Clean & Tidy Carpet Cleaning
“As a local non-profit joining the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber has been one of the most effective and beneficial decisions we at AWAKE Coffee Community have made. Now in our third consecutive year, I firmly believe we would not have experienced the growth we have without the support and encouragement of our Thursday community connectors leads group.”
-Noelle Cosby, President and Co-Founder
“Copy Central has been in business in Conyers/Rockdale County for the past 9 years. Shortly after we opened in Conyers we joined the Chamber with the hopes that we would meet prospective customers. Being an active Member of the Chamber has allowed us not only to grow our Customer base but to get involved in the Community on a more personal basis. Many members of the Chamber are not only Customers of Copy Central but are valued Friends and Partners in Community Affairs.”
-Dotti Bala, Copy Central, Inc.
“The Conyers-Rockdale Chamber is a great way to meet business people in the community and to make business connections that benefit every one involved. Also a great way to plug in by serving on any of the many committees that the Chamber offers. Definitely a positive return on our investment at Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.”
-Alan Sherrill, Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.
“My Thursday morning leads group has been great for my business. In the last 12 months, I have had about 20 different leads passed to me and that equaled about $80,000 in closed business. We are like family now!”
-Thomas C. Dean, III, Premier Flooring Group
"The secret to chamber membership is: You will only get out of the chamber what you put in to it. Simply becoming a member is not enough. Thankfully, our chamber has a plethora of networking opportunities to get your name, face, product or service out there, and people will remember you when they have a need for the service you provide." -- Jason Witcher, CRPC Edward Jones Financial Advisor