The Chamber is the voice for your business in government. We actively develop and promote policy positions on critical issues impacting the business community, as well as continuously assert our role as the leading business organization in the community on your behalf on all levels of government. The Chamber’s Government Affairs promotes policy priorities that support the expansion of business and protects employers.
A fundamental component of the Chamber’s mission is to advocate the views of the business community to our elected officials. This is done by engaging elected officials in meaningful policy discussions on your behalf. Our Government Affairs Committee is a dynamic volunteer committee of Chamber leaders who guide the Chamber in its public policy positions.
The Chamber’s legislative and policy priorities are developed by its Governmental Affairs Committee. This committee analyzes issues and makes determinations that guide the Chamber’s positioning on matters to promote fiscal responsibility at the state and local government levels, improve our education system, and strengthen the business environment and economy in our community.
Are you interested in serving on the Governmental Affairs Committee? If so, please contact the Chamber office by email at email@example.com or by phone at 770-483-7049.
- Maintain the authority of the local Board of Education by opposing any legislation that attempts to override the constitutional authority of the locally elected Board of Education.
- Support fully funding QBE formula until such time a viable reformed funding formula is adopted.
- Oppose vouchers, tax credits, and all other legislation which reduces state funding of public schools.
- Provide additional funding for teacher pay raises.
- Support continuing elimination of fraud and waste in existing government plans like Medicare, Medicaid and /or PeachCare.
Prevention & Wellness
- Support voluntary prevention and wellness initiatives that create cost savings for employers, employees and providers.
- Improve Georgia’s infrastructure through maximizing current revenue sources and increasing overall funding for transportation.
- Support incentives that will continue to attract and grow the film industry to Georgia.
- Support ongoing examination of current tax base, tax rates and compliance requirement to ensure a Georgia business environment that is fair and competitive.
- Identify and support ways to increase access to job training skills and the Technical College System of Georgia for our workforce.
- Identify and support ways to provide real/financial incentives to smaller companies/projects in the state. Those projects that would come in at less than 10 million dollars in investment.
- Seek and support legislation that provides stiffer penalties to include restitution and mandatory jail time for Identity Theft.
Support market-driven healthcare which will reduce the cost of insurance to employers. Allow employers to shop health care insurance across state boarders that will provide adequate healthcare coverage and rein in costs for business owners.
“Using the Chamber as part of your marketing strategy will provide you a great deal of value and return for your investment many times over.”
-Ken Holmes, Selective Solutions
“As one of the oldest businesses in Conyers, we have been part of the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber most of those 37 years and have always found value in the many programs offered by the Chamber.”
-Owners, Danny & Cindy Lockhart, Your Town Magazine and Clean & Tidy Carpet Cleaning
“As a local non-profit joining the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber has been one of the most effective and beneficial decisions we at AWAKE Coffee Community have made. Now in our third consecutive year, I firmly believe we would not have experienced the growth we have without the support and encouragement of our Thursday community connectors leads group.”
-Noelle Cosby, President and Co-Founder
“Copy Central has been in business in Conyers/Rockdale County for the past 9 years. Shortly after we opened in Conyers we joined the Chamber with the hopes that we would meet prospective customers. Being an active Member of the Chamber has allowed us not only to grow our Customer base but to get involved in the Community on a more personal basis. Many members of the Chamber are not only Customers of Copy Central but are valued Friends and Partners in Community Affairs.”
-Dotti Bala, Copy Central, Inc.
“The Conyers-Rockdale Chamber is a great way to meet business people in the community and to make business connections that benefit every one involved. Also a great way to plug in by serving on any of the many committees that the Chamber offers. Definitely a positive return on our investment at Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.”
-Alan Sherrill, Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.
“My Thursday morning leads group has been great for my business. In the last 12 months, I have had about 20 different leads passed to me and that equaled about $80,000 in closed business. We are like family now!”
-Thomas C. Dean, III, Premier Flooring Group
"The secret to chamber membership is: You will only get out of the chamber what you put in to it. Simply becoming a member is not enough. Thankfully, our chamber has a plethora of networking opportunities to get your name, face, product or service out there, and people will remember you when they have a need for the service you provide." -- Jason Witcher, CRPC Edward Jones Financial Advisor