It is the mission of the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber of Commerce Ambassador Program to promote member commitment and retention by:
- Raising awareness of Chamber activities and benefits;
- Informing and involving new Chamber members to promote strong continuing membership;
- Encouraging meaningful and beneficial participation in the Chamber’s programs; and,
- Serving as a liaison between the Chamber staff and membership.
Who are the Chamber Ambassadors?
The Ambassador Program consists of volunteers from the Chamber membership who donate their time to assist the Chamber in various activities. Ambassadors serve a term of one calendar year, beginning in April of each year. Ambassadors can continue to serve after the one-year term, if agreed upon by the Ambassador and the Chamber.
Program Benefits for the Ambassadors
- Increased name and face recognition
- Increased networking opportunities
- Opportunity to connect one-on-one with new and existing Chamber members
- Increased referral opportunities through other Ambassadors and one-on-one contact with members
- Potential media coverage from attendance at Chamber events
- Gain an insider’s perspective of the local business community
- Opportunity to meet local business and community leaders
- Chance to help the community and show community pride
Program Benefits for the Chamber
- Increased visibility within the community
- Better understanding of membership needs
- More involvement of existing Chamber members
- Ability to manage events more effectively
- Increased recruitment opportunities
- Member retention
Program Benefits for the Membership
- Increased access to points of contact who can provide assistance and answer questions
- More frequent Chamber communication
- Potential for increased referrals
- Feeling of membership being more connected to the Chamber
Are you interested in serving as a Chamber Ambassador? If so, please contact the Chamber office by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 770-483-7049.
“Using the Chamber as part of your marketing strategy will provide you a great deal of value and return for your investment many times over.”
-Ken Holmes, Selective Solutions
“As one of the oldest businesses in Conyers, we have been part of the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber most of those 37 years and have always found value in the many programs offered by the Chamber.”
-Owners, Danny & Cindy Lockhart, Your Town Magazine and Clean & Tidy Carpet Cleaning
“As a local non-profit joining the Conyers-Rockdale Chamber has been one of the most effective and beneficial decisions we at AWAKE Coffee Community have made. Now in our third consecutive year, I firmly believe we would not have experienced the growth we have without the support and encouragement of our Thursday community connectors leads group.”
-Noelle Cosby, President and Co-Founder
“Copy Central has been in business in Conyers/Rockdale County for the past 9 years. Shortly after we opened in Conyers we joined the Chamber with the hopes that we would meet prospective customers. Being an active Member of the Chamber has allowed us not only to grow our Customer base but to get involved in the Community on a more personal basis. Many members of the Chamber are not only Customers of Copy Central but are valued Friends and Partners in Community Affairs.”
-Dotti Bala, Copy Central, Inc.
“The Conyers-Rockdale Chamber is a great way to meet business people in the community and to make business connections that benefit every one involved. Also a great way to plug in by serving on any of the many committees that the Chamber offers. Definitely a positive return on our investment at Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.”
-Alan Sherrill, Conyers Flower Shop, Inc.
“My Thursday morning leads group has been great for my business. In the last 12 months, I have had about 20 different leads passed to me and that equaled about $80,000 in closed business. We are like family now!”
-Thomas C. Dean, III, Premier Flooring Group
"The secret to chamber membership is: You will only get out of the chamber what you put in to it. Simply becoming a member is not enough. Thankfully, our chamber has a plethora of networking opportunities to get your name, face, product or service out there, and people will remember you when they have a need for the service you provide." -- Jason Witcher, CRPC Edward Jones Financial Advisor